TVR Griffith 2018

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Re: Nouvelle TVR MY2017

Message par Corsugone » 18 mars 2017 13:49

Voiture présentée en comité restreint à ceux ayant commandé l'engin.

The car, a 200mph, front-engined V8 two-seater very much in character with the traditional Blackpool TVRs but entirely new from the ground up, is being unveiled in series of secret launches at designer Gordon Murray’s HQ near Guildford, south east of London. Only those who have already placed a deposit are invited.

The company is swearing its customers to secrecy — to the extent of asking them to sign confidentiality agreements — because it has elected not to show the car’s finished look in public until an official launch in September.

First customers are seeing the car in groups of about 30, at intimate meetings with designers and company principals, held on Saturdays and Sundays over two weekends. Proceedings start with a briefing on the car’s all-new mechanical specification — touching on aerodynamics, lightweight construction and crash safety — before the fully detailed model is dramatically revealed.

Prospective buyers are also hearing about a series of performance targets for the car: power from the Cosworth-developed V8 easily exceeding 400bhp, a kerb weight around 1200 kilograms and a price below £90,000 for the full-house TVR launch edition. Plus, of course, the 200mph top speed and the sub-4.0 0-60mph sprint.

Tous les détails.
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 06 avr. 2017 09:52

"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

Remi
WTCC
WTCC

Message par Remi » 06 avr. 2017 10:26

Pas trop grosse, poids contenu, moteur V8 ford, boite manuelle... Ça devrait être sympa, je suis impatient de voir le résultat final !
MG ZT 260 SE 2004 - #421
DS4 THP 200 2012

jojo
Karting

Message par jojo » 06 juin 2017 14:15

5th June, 2017: The iconic British sports car maker, TVR, is delighted to announce that it will be unveiling its eagerly awaited new sports car to the public at the Goodwood Revival on 8-10 September, 2017.

Created in conjunction with Gordon Murray Design, the 1200 kg car promises incredible 200mph performance and 0-60mph in less than 4 seconds. With the special launch edition car being offered at under £90,000, anticipation and demand for the 400BHP per tonne, five-litre, Cosworth developed V8-powered car is already at fever-pitch.

The unveiling of the car at the Goodwood Revival is a first for the world-renowned Sussex-based event. The new car will go on display in the ‘Earls Court’ building at the Revival, and will be showcased at the centre of a display which features a number of older, heritage TVRs, in celebration of the British marque’s 70th anniversary.

Speaking of the planned public launch, Les Edgar, Chairman of TVR said: “We are incredibly excited to be unveiling the new car at the Goodwood Revival. It’s the first time a global launch of a new car has occurred at the event, and it seems an entirely appropriate place for us to do it, with the marque’s motorsport heritage and an enthusiastic audience of dedicated car fans – and in our 70th anniversary year. After a series of secret private viewings organised for the benefit of existing customers for the new car, we know that we have a surefire hit on our hands, and very much look forward to seeing the public reaction in September.”

Speaking on behalf of the Revival, Lord March said, “We are delighted that TVR will feature so strongly over the Revival weekend this year. It is entirely fitting that TVR, as such an iconic British marque, should unveil what will be a very exciting entrant to the global sports car market at our iconic British event and I very much look forward to welcoming them to the Revival in September”.

TVR has held back a small allocation of the 500 Launch Edition cars for the public unveiling, so will soon close the order book, before re-opening it on the 8th September. 

www.tvr.co.uk

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 13 juil. 2017 12:41

Cela continue de "teaser" .....

... avec interview du Patron.

Top Gear: Give me the elevator pitch on New TVR.

Les Edgar: Six-speed manual, 5.0-litre Cosworth V8, shouty, great looking, top speed 200mph – although we can limit it if you want – 0-60 comfortably sub-4.0 secs, Gordon Murray designed, full ground-effect aero, carbon fibre chassis, full leather trim, unique colours. We’re targeting power-to-weight ratio rather than outright power. Fully loaded, the launch car weighs under 1,250kg and has 400bhp-per-tonne. We’ll have to eke some more out of it… All for £90k. That sounds pretty good to me.

TG: Is your take on TVR that it’s a balls-out sports car? Or a grand tourer?

LE: It’s more towards the Aston spectrum than it is Lotus. Sports GT is where we’re headed. Sports cars should be small. An Aventador is not a sports car. The Griff rides well because it’s on smaller wheels and taller tyres, which is what we’ve gone for. It’s more comfortable. The new car had to be timeless, although that’s a difficult thing to strive for. The Griff had simplicity. We tried to get that with this car, but there had to be some cues that tell you it means business. So there are thumping exhausts at the side, and lots of aero at the rear. We’ve avoided fitting too many electronics; they’re expensive and will be unreliable at some point, although we do have digital instruments and a touchscreen infotainment system. We’ve used ultra-reliable components and then ‘bespoked’ them to TVR’s need.

TG: Doesn’t the Porsche 911 terrify you?

LE: Everyone looks at the 911 and thinks, ‘well, they got everything right’, in all the key parameters. Everything but nothing, in a strange sort of way. Sports cars used to be unique, they used to have foibles. Now it’s difficult to tell them apart. TVR did that brilliantly. We are the under-dog challenging everybody, whether on the road or the race-track. The passion drives us on. It sounds trite, but it’s true. If you haven’t got that, you’ll build a competent car, but you won’t build a TVR. That said, we have built an incredibly sound business case.

TG: So where did you start?

LE: Our job is to broaden the marketplace. We couldn’t sell a car like the Sagaris straight off. People have been softened by the latest cars, whose set-up and software make you feel like a God. Porsche owners have reached a certain level, they know what they’re getting, they won’t get laughed at by their mates when they say they’ve bought a 911. If you’re not an outright sports car fan, you’d be very happy. As you would with an Audi RS6. The reliability thing has been a real focus for us. Not just to conquer the historical problem TVR might have had in that area, although I honestly don’t think they were any worse than many others. It was more a case of too much power, not enough control. You could do that then, now you need to be more pragmatic.

TG: The day you did the deal with Gordon Murray must have been a good one.

LE: We couldn’t afford to develop the electronics to make you feel like a God, but we knew Gordon was a God, so we figured he could do it. We’d bought this magnificent brand, and we thought, ‘what do we do now?’ There was no way we could launch a new TVR at £150k, although maybe we’ll get there eventually with something else. We talked to everybody. We talked to Gordon, but knew we couldn’t afford him. Anyway, there were three of us on our side, with GMD’s entire board opposite us. They told us about the city car. Then I said, ‘well, we’re going to Le Mans’. And instantly every single one of them smiled. Emotionally, they’re racers. I thought, this might just work.

TG: How does GMD’s ‘i-Stream’ technology work on the new car ?

LE: There’s a steel tubular skeleton, mainly there to locate the engine, suspension and driver. A carbon fibre sandwich with honeycomb centre is bonded in around it. That makes it enormously strong, approaching 20,000 Nm per degree. You attach the crash structures front and back. They’re aluminium, and bolted on. The carbon panels are created at low pressure and low temperature, not done in an autoclave, so they’re cheaper to manufacture. The body consists of composite panels, bolted on at the end of the process. In an impact, the frame takes the impact and directs the forces through the tyres. So it won’t ripple the body. We’ve done massive amounts of computer modelling on this. We’ve also done accelerated salt water corrosion tests. It won’t rust.

TG: And you’re serious about taking TVR back to Le Mans?

LE: One-make race series is definitely happening. For me, for a sports car to show its mettle it has to go racing at Le Mans. I helped put Aston Martin back there, now I want to see them off with this car. The focus right now is on building a great road car. You need a lot of downforce at Le Mans, and Frank Coppuck [Technical Director at GMD] said, well the car needs to be wider, because the wing design is restricted by the width of the car. It also needed more presence and stance. So it’s 100mm longer, the cabin is 420mm wider, and that also gives us more width at the rear. That was a hard-fought battle, and one of the few compromises Gordon made.

TG: Only a madman would start building cars. Ergo you are mad.

LE: Correct. [laughs] There are lots of things you need to have, aside from money – and you can never have enough of that in this business. You certainly need to have some balls. Having a relatively small budget focuses you on the important things. Look, an opportunity like this doesn’t come along very often. In fact, it doesn’t come along at all. To revive a British sports car brand, a genuinely iconic name, British-owned, British-built… as a starting point, that can’t be bad. This isn’t somebody indulging in a mid or late-life crisis. We need to do this. I need to do it. TVR needs to come back and be great again.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 04 sept. 2017 14:23

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 05 sept. 2017 17:59

Présentation officielle le 8 septembre ...

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 07 sept. 2017 20:32

Remi
WTCC
WTCC

Message par Remi » 08 sept. 2017 08:52

Ca donne vaguement une idée de la bête, mais dommage que la caméra soit si loin...
new_tvr.jpg
new_tvr.jpg (270.11 Kio) Consulté 9750 fois
Je suis vraiment impatient de voir ça en détail.
MG ZT 260 SE 2004 - #421
DS4 THP 200 2012

jojo
Karting

Message par jojo » 08 sept. 2017 08:56

www.tvr.co.uk rubrique New Car , il y a les photos....

Remi
WTCC
WTCC

Message par Remi » 08 sept. 2017 09:30

jojo a écrit :
08 sept. 2017 08:56
www.tvr.co.uk rubrique New Car , il y a les photos....
Effectivement... Personnellement j'aime vraiment beaucoup, design et spécifications.
tvr-griffith-new-car.jpg
griffith-front.jpg
griffith-interior.jpg
MG ZT 260 SE 2004 - #421
DS4 THP 200 2012

Remi
WTCC
WTCC

Message par Remi » 08 sept. 2017 09:33

griffith-side.jpg
griffith-corner.jpg
MG ZT 260 SE 2004 - #421
DS4 THP 200 2012

ze_shark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Véhicules : Audi RS6, 997 GT3, 355 GTS F1, 550M, 225xe

TVR Griffith 2018

Message par ze_shark » 08 sept. 2017 12:14

Ils auraient quand même pu demander au neveux de la concierge de venir faire un set de photos moins pourries ...

Donc au menu:
- le châssis iStream de Murray qui revendique fièrement 20'000 Nm par degré de rigidité torsionnelle. C'est aussi bien qu'une ... Audi R8 Spyder mk2, une R8 coupé atteint 30'000 Nm/degré. Donc honorable mais pas renversant.
- autre détail étonnant au sujet du châssis, les renforts en alu anti-rapprochement pluôt maousses qui passent au-dessus du collecteur d'admission
- V8 de 5 litres revu par Cosworth, avec carter sec, développe 468 bhp, ce qui reste plutôt sage en termes de rendement spécifique
- ils anoncent 400ch par tonne, donc ça mettrait le poids à 1170kg, sans doute à sec
- 90'000£, soit le tarif UK d'une Carrera 4S
- et le commentaire du Sun: "Plus, you know any car with side exhausts means business."

vince_1972
Membre V8
Membre V8

Re: TVR Griffith 2018

Message par vince_1972 » 08 sept. 2017 12:32

ze_shark a écrit :
08 sept. 2017 12:14
Ils auraient quand même pu demander au neveux de la concierge de venir faire un set de photos moins pourries ...
C'est de la 3d en HDRI, mais c'est vrai que les angles de rendu ne sont pas très heureux...

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Re: TVR Griffith 2018

Message par Corsugone » 08 sept. 2017 21:05