TVR Griffith 2018

Corsugone
F1 Champion

TVR Griffith 2018

Message par Corsugone » 07 oct. 2015 13:22

ça va swinguer !!

The TVR will use the Ford Coyote V8 as seen in the Mustang, but reengineered by Cosworth. Expect it to be dry sumped with many internal tweaks over standard to ensure a proper TVR character. Power is likely to be around 500hp - versions are also coming with less and more power - and the engine will be built at Cosworth by its race engine builders, unless demand dictates a separate facility.

Speaking on the engine choice, Les Edgar said: "We needed an engine with built-in reliability and long life, but with enough 'headroom' for the extra performance we had in mind. It was clear the Coyote could do those things." An aluminium block keeps it relatively light and then it's onto making the engine Le Mans ready...

Apparently the 24 Hours is "front and centre" of Edgar's plan for TVR, with a version of its racer due at the 2017 race and a plan to compete in 2018. The aim is for very few changes between the road and race engine but they'll explain more of that in the video.

Exciting progress for the returning TVR brand then. At present the first deliveries are still due in the second half of 2017 but expect plenty more news before that time!

Le SITE de la marque.
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

SebM
F1 Champion
Véhicules : 2002-Elise-Defender

Re: Nouvelle TVR MY2017

Message par SebM » 07 oct. 2015 17:22

VIVEMENT !!!
L'ingratitude est la seule porte de sortie pour ceux que la reconnaissance embarrasse

Meutorsport
Visiteur
Visiteur
Véhicules : '11 997 turbo S, '10 M3 DKG, '07 X5 30d

Message par Meutorsport » 10 oct. 2015 09:02

J'aurais jamais imaginé ! :D
Espérons que cette fois-ci, ils distribuent un peu plus sur le sol européen ... ou qu'il y ait plus de demandes !
2011 Porsche 997 turbo S
2010 BMW M3 DKG (E92)
2007 BMW X5 30d (E70)

ze_shark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Véhicules : Audi RS6, 997 GT3, 355 GTS F1, 550M, 225xe

Message par ze_shark » 10 oct. 2015 12:00

Ca sent le romantisme à plein nez. Ou la coquille vide.
Est-ce qu'il leur reste un savoir-faire particulier ? Un staff d'ingénieurs de talents, de designers de génie qui ne font rien depuis la cessation des activités en 2012 et qui ont conçu leur dernière voiture au milieu des années 2000 ?

Je peux comprendre les émois de quelques passionnés, mais au final, comment pourraient-ils sortir un produit qui fait avancer le schmilblick et qui ne finit pas en machin artisanal british incongru ?

Bravo aux investisseurs qui signent sur ce genre de business plan. Ca tient de la philantropie. Ou du programme d'occupation.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 10 oct. 2015 12:26

T'as raté un truc, c'est Gordon Murray à la manoeuvre.

The company, which boasts an outstanding new management team, has developed the new car in collaboration with Gordon Murray Design and Cosworth, each providing much of the core design and engineering capability for the all-new TVR. This incredible project is already well advanced with over a year of development completed so far.

TVR will issue more specification details and early images later in 2015, but the car will continue the tradition of a classic British two-seat sports car with a composite ground effect aero chassis and body package using Gordon Murray Design’s innovative iStream® technology.

Gordon Murray, Chairman of Gordon Murray Design comments: “TVR is an iconic brand which has been an important part of British sports car manufacturing for many decades. Its return to manufacturing is an exciting development and the car deserves the best chassis and powertrain that can possibly be delivered. To that end, I am delighted that our company is involved with the project, and that TVR are using our iStream® technology.”

Bruce Wood, Cosworth Technical Director, said: “We are proud to see Cosworth’s industry-leading engineering at the heart of the revived TVR brand. Our team has been working closely with TVR and Gordon Murray Design to develop a powertrain solution that perfectly complements the exceptional performance characteristics of the new car. It’s an exciting project and one which well suits Cosworth’s engineering expertise.

La marque annonce la couleur : We are very aware of the historic issues surrounding previous owners of the marque and issues over deposits, and can assure that these will not be repeated.

Pour avoir lu tous les communiqués de presse, la marque appartient à des investisseurs qui m'ont l'air de tout sauf des romantiques.
"I have a problem with Porsches. They're wonderful cars, but I know I could never live with one. I don't go around saying that Porsches are a pile of dung, but I do know that psychologically I couldn't handle owning one" Rowan Atkinson.

bacchus
Membre V8
Membre V8
Véhicules : BMW M3 F80

Message par bacchus » 10 oct. 2015 12:38

Murray + Cosworth…
Sur le papier c'est prometteur.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 10 oct. 2015 12:41

Communiqué de presse Gordon Murray Deign.

TVR TO RETURN TO PRODUCTION WITH STUNNING NEW CAR DESIGNED IN COLLABORATION WITH GORDON MURRAY DESIGN

* Revered British sports car brand, TVR, is roaring back to production with an incredible all-new Cosworth powered sports car, engineered in collaboration with F1 and road car design legend, Gordon Murray

* TVR has developed a product and launch programme that will see at least four new models brought to market over the next ten years

* Positioning and pricing set to be consistent with TVR’s past market positioning and highly competitive within its segment

ze_shark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Message par ze_shark » 10 oct. 2015 12:57

Savions point, mais tu es sûr qu'il est à la manoeuvre ?
Ou plus simplement qu'il license sa techno composite iStream (tellement géniale qu'elle a été industrialisée dans ... quoi au fait ?).
Le "designed in collaboration with" ne veut pas dire "designed by", la différence sémantique me semble être de taille.

Qui vivra verra, mais une auto "british in every way",vendue sous small series homologation (donc volumes confidentiels) me semble être un plan foireux à la base. Serait pas la première fois que la presse british s'enthousiasme pour un truc folklorique on its way to nowhere. Hype, buzz microcosmique, articles dithyrambiques, désastre commercial, plouf, end of story.

ze_shark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Message par ze_shark » 10 oct. 2015 12:59

bacchus a écrit :Murray + Cosworth…
Sur le papier c'est prometteur.
Cosworth fait du consulting pour n'importe qui dès le moment où tu paies. J'imagine que Murray aussi, sauf qu'îl ne semble pas avoir beaucoup de clients.

bacchus
Membre V8
Membre V8
Véhicules : BMW M3 F80

Message par bacchus » 10 oct. 2015 14:29

TVR a le mérite de choisir des consultants très crédibles. On verra bien le résultat.
Mais à part un truc confidentiel, abouti ou pas d'ailleurs, je ne vois pas bien où ils peuvent aller.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 12 oct. 2015 07:59

ze_shark a écrit : Qui vivra verra, mais une auto "british in every way",vendue sous small series homologation (donc volumes confidentiels) me semble être un plan foireux à la base. Serait pas la première fois que la presse british s'enthousiasme pour un truc folklorique on its way to nowhere. Hype, buzz microcosmique, articles dithyrambiques, désastre commercial, plouf, end of story.
Si on se réfère à Noble, on ne peut qu'acquiescer mais dans le cas présent il n'y aura pas de produits équivalents sur le marché en partant du principe que le prix serait contenu, 70-80k€. Morgan vie très bien depuis des années en produisant des trucs folkloriques alors pourquoi pas TVR ? Ne parlons pas d'Atom et Caterham, toutes des marques sur des marchés de niches. Je suis plus réservé concernant Zenos. Concernant TVR, si c'est fait sérieusement, aucune raison que cela ne fonctionne pas.

J'aime bien cette phrase trouvée sur le site de la marque :mrgreen:

We are very aware of the historic issues surrounding previous owners of the marque and issues over deposits, and can assure that these will not be repeated. If you are uncomfortable placing a deposit at this stage, we respect that. However, we should advise that from the expressions of interest to date we are confident that at least the first year’s production run will quickly be sold out. A small measure of risk isn’t for everyone, and we appreciate that, but we are very well backed, and here to stay.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 28 oct. 2015 07:07

TVR ne profitera pas d'un châssis carbone comme celui développé par sa société pour Yamaha mais rien n'est impossible à l'avenir. Article intéressant.

Asked whether his first confirmed iStream client, 
TVR, would be using the carbonfibre technology, Murray said: “Because of the secrecy with which it has been developed, the team at TVR haven’t been aware of it until now, so it is not part of their plans. But, in time, it is perfectly possible.

Gordon Murray et Lotus devraient travaillaient de concert, ce serait bien pour l'avenir du constructeur d'Hethel.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 28 déc. 2015 22:41

Contre ordre, TVR bénéficiera bien d'un châssis carbone.

Finally, we've got some new details about the upcoming new sports car of the revived TVR brand to share.
It’s been several months since we last heard a thing about the resurrected sports brand and now its chairman Les Edgar has released an official letter to fans and customers, revealing some major updates.

First of all, there’s a teaser image, showing the basic body shape of the future vehicle. The conception has been created “using the very latest state of the art CAD software”, while in parallel the designers have been working with “old fashioned physical seating bucks and scale clay models,” as Edgar points out.

The new TVR will benefit from the “world's first affordable high volume carbon fiber chassis structure bringing Formula One materials and technology within reach of the everyday motorist,” developed by Gordon Murray Design. This option will be available at no extra cost.
TVR once again confirmed the new model will be powered by a Cosworth V8 petrol engine with yet undisclosed power figures. Previous reports suggested it will generate between 450 and 500 horsepower, depending on the application – road car, track car, and even Le Mans machine.
Edgar also explained the engineers have already fired up the first V8 engine and tested it on the dyno and “the power and torque figures and delivery characteristics are very much on target.”

The next big update on the project is expected in early 2016 and will include more information about the factory location, final design, power and torque figures, top speed and acceleration, and more.

Corsugone
F1 Champion

Message par Corsugone » 30 déc. 2015 09:44

Article complet d'Autocar. Pour rappel le prix de base d'une EVORA 400 s'élève à £72.000 en UK. Production moyenne visée : 1000 unités annuelles.

When TVRs disappeared from sale, mainstream models were in the £40,000s, with the most expensive model touching £57,000. A Porsche Boxster cost £40k (now more like £50k). Given that the new company wants new-wave TVRs to be as accessible, broadly speaking, as the old ones, a starting price of about £60,000 seems likely, with performance extras boosting prices towards £80,000.

ze_shark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Message par ze_shark » 22 janv. 2016 22:27

Nouveau communiqué de presse et, surprise, le châssis carbone iStream sera une option, offerte derechef sur la launch edition, et ensuite optionnel et facturé sur la production à suivre.
TVR will offer its first-ever, full-production, carbon fibre construction on its all-new sports car, which utilises pioneering techniques developed by legendary F1 and road car designer Gordon Murray
Using the revolutionary iStream® Carbon manufacturing process, the TVR will remain true to its lightweight and high-performance principles while leading the way with new design and manufacturing technologies
TVR will produce an exciting Launch Edition model with a carbon fibre chassis and offer it as a cost-effective option for subsequent orders
TVR’s product and launch programme will see at least four new models in the market over the next decade
Il est surprenant qu'un élément structurel aussi crucial soit une option. Peut-être que l'homologation EU petites séries leur permet ce genre de fantaisie, mais pourquoi développer et mettre au point deux châssis si c'est si cost effective que ça ? Et quid du marché US ?
TVR recently sent out an update to the 300+ deposit holders for the new car, which included details of the ‘no-cost’ carbon fibre chassis option.
Les Edgar continued: “The response has been fantastic. With deposits continuing to flow in, we will be looking to close the order book for the Launch Edition car shortly. Our intent is to unveil the styling of the new car in the coming months at a public event, although we will be conducting car clinics before then. There will be an opportunity for deposit holders to register interest if they would like to participate.”
Donc plus de 300 pré-commandes.